Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Prize Box of Yarn


The mail lady came to my door just now, and delivered my surprise package of yarn from Barbara. Barbara posted a challenge to the yahoo group Knitting-Chicks, to help her decide what to knit with some yarn she found in her stash. I had suggested the Diamond Lace Scarf I had made this past March, with her lace weight yarn. I was among 4 knitter's that won a surprise box of yarn :) Barbara was very generous and sent me 4 skeins of Moda-Dea Castwheel yarn in Bronzeberry, a skein of off white Alpaca and superfine merino by Rare Earth (absolutely beautiful yarn), some Knit Picks yarn in red and gold, and a skein of a wonderful turquoise colored yarn that has a thinner, variegated yarn running with it. Not sure who made this, but I love it. Barbara also sent me 3 skeins of remnant's in black, gray and purple that will be great as a contrast color to something. I am unsure what yarn this is as well. I really appreciate Barbara's generosity, considering I was only helping out another knitter!!! Thanks Barbara :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Great Box of Yarn :)

Have Fun Knitting :)

Penny
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

October 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice surprise, For Sure!!

How nice... cant wait to see what ya make out of it all!!

October 18, 2006  
Blogger Indigo said...

Oh boy! Yarn in the mail and unexpected too. Makes all the better.

Lovely stuff.

October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home