Monday, October 30, 2006

Janet's To Do List

I have managed to get a couple more things done on my list :)

I am copying an idea from an online friend, Christine, to keep a goal list. Although the concept certainly isn't new, it is new to me to actually write it down. I have always kept "the list" upstairs in my head. As I get older, have more stress and never seem to accomplish much, I decided I needed to get some of them out there so I could deal with them. I have so many ideas in my head, that seem to never make it to the top of the list, let alone be remembered!!! I am not going to do a monthly, weekly or even a daily list, right now. I have so many things roaming around in my head, that for now, I think I will just list all that I remember and go from there. I will then try to break it down to weekly goals :) At this time, I feel just getting them down will help immensely. So here we go (in no particular order!): List started October 19

1. Mail out birthday gifts~~Done
2. Finish Warm Thoughts afghan for my step brother and his wife
3. Have better relationship with my daughters
4. Get rid of clothes that no longer fit or I will never wear
5. Decide what to do with all my counted cross stitch inventory
6. Go through old magazines
7. Do scrapbook for each child for the holidays
8. Make DVD's of photos and family movies
9. Make ornaments (got a neat book for this)
10. Follow up on retrieving medical records ~~Done
11. Get surgery scheduled
12. Find a job (after recovery from surgery)
13. Finish Absolutely Fabulous Throw for us
14. Pick a pattern for a knitted sweater for me and cast on
15. Knit Ribbon scarf for Kristen and Katelin
16. Knit cap for son Corey (he even picked out the yarn)
17. Knit David some socks
18. Organize yarn and needles (again!!)
19. Repair frames and get pics hung back up
20. Finish sweater for Donovan (before he gets too big for it)
21. Finish Wing Shawl for myself
22. Organize printed patterns and put in notebooks ~~Done
23. Quit smoking ~~Working on it :)
24. Get more exercise
25. Make holiday napkins with my embroidery sewing machine
26. Donate items to Goodwill
27. Loose weight
28. Pull up carpet and tile main bathroom
29. Paint bathrooms
30. Paint living room
31. Paint dining room
32. Paint bedrooms
33. Weed through Kyle's toys to donate
34. Put movies and games back in cases in Kyle's room (many, many loose items)
35. Defrost freezer
36. Clean refrigerator (yuck)
37. Read more
38. Paint front door ~~Done

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goals, Goals, Goals.... most of the cleaning and painting ones will help with losing weight.

I love your honesty. Now if only I could post EVERYTHING I need to get done. ;o)

October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home