Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Success with DPN's!!

I decided to try to knit socks on DPN's. After watching a video about it, I decided to give it a try. At first I tried with size 10 1/2 wooden needles, and after several attempts, I was ready to give it all up. The needles were to big and therefore awkward to get an even tension. Since socks aren't made with that large of a needle, I picked up size 1, that is used for my next sock pattern. They are aluminum, which I also heard was difficult in the beginning to use. After practicing for 5 rounds or so, I decided I was ready to CO for the real thing. This is my progress as of last night. I have an inch done so far. It really does get easier the more you do it :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! YAYAY!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!

I'm so proud of you!!!

Now tell me... what pattern are you using?

October 24, 2006  
Blogger Bianca said...

I agree with you - working with DPN's is not that difficult as it looks like. Your cuff is looking good :-) Love, Bianca

October 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home