Sunday, May 28, 2006

I am so angry at myself right now. In two separate nights, I managed to forget to put my knitting basket up, and have lost 4 sets of Addi circular needles, to my dog Buddy. Now, in case you don't know....these needles are very expensive. The only reason I bought them is for socks. They glide so easily and make the knitting of socks on circulars very easy. And to make matters worse, he attacked the basket with the same yarn for socks, so the yarn is a total mess. The first time, I found the yarn strewn all over the backyard, in separate masses. He did manage to keep the knitted part in tact.....but have you ever tried to pick up the stitches when knitting in the round with 2 circs???? Not easy to do. So, I picked up all the piles, rewound them into balls, and thought to myself that I only had 3 balls, so I could probably manage to get a sock knitted, with very little joins. So, I restarted the sock, with a NEW set of circs, and managed to get about 20 rows done. This morning, hubby told me that Buddy had gotten to my basket again......yes....tore up the 2 sets of needles and yarn all over the living room. I am afraid to look at the yarn....Maybe this is some divine intervention...this yarn is not meant to be socks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with Buddy and your projects. :(

That is a real shame about the circs and your socks. Is there anywhere you can hide them that Buddy can't get to? Maybe at this point he thinks its a game more then Divine intervention?

Good luck at keeping him away from your knitting!

Ruinwen
:)

May 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home