Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Marymere Falls, Washington






This adventure was to Marymere Falls in Washington. Another fantastic area we have up here. The white picture is called Saprophyte. According to the ranger, it is indeed a rare thing to see here. He was going to lead a group to go see if he could find it himself!! Around the huge tree is my Dad, me, Isabel, Corey and David. There were many huge, wonderful trees throughout the whole forest. Then there is David and I at the Falls. Breathtaking. A couple of the bridges that cross the stream. Wonderful plant life that has taken up residence in one of the fallen trees.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigale said...

Beautiful pictures! I could just about smell the green from them - it is indeed a beautiful area you live in (my mom's side of the family are mostly all up in WA)...

Thanks for sharing :-)

Abi

August 28, 2006  
Blogger DJ said...

Oh, my! those pics make me sad. I spent some time in WA 3 yrs. ago. and I have wished I could move there ever since, having lived in Oregon in the early 70s. We were at Marymere Falls in the summer of '03. when we were hiking back to the car after being at the falls, we were almost back to the rangers cabin and my then 8 yr. old grandson was about 30 ft ahead of me and his Mom was about that far behind me. He suddenly stopped in his tracks and just pointed to the right. There was a deer and her 2 fawns coming across the opening from the waters edge and they came within 5 ft of Jared. We all held our breath as you can imagine. It was the experience of a lifetime. we have all been dieing to get back out there since. maybe someday. thanks for the memory jog.
DJ in SW MI

October 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home