Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Finally, my surgery is scheduled!!

After all the running around, making phone calls and having upteen million tests, I have a date for my hernia repair. I met with the surgeon that does laparoscopic surgery today, and he has agreed that he can do the surgery. This is instead of the intrusive surgery that his associate does. At least it is finally scheduled after almost a year of waiting to finally have insurance and then all the running around the past 3 months. He says he will have to make 5 incisions, and barring any complications, that should be all I need. Surgery is scheduled for 11/30/06. I still need to get an EKG, a chest x-ray and some blood work done before then. I can't believe how long the recovery time is though. I won't be allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 6 weeks. That puts me past Christmas time, so I need to get all my shopping, packages sent in the mail and decorating done in the next couple days. At least I will be able to start looking for a job in January, so that makes me happy :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great news!

Im so glad you're being receptive to this. Most people dont care what the Dr. tells them and they do what they want.

Shop, shop, shop! Wanna do some of mine for me?

November 21, 2006  
Blogger Janet said...

After all the work I do around here, it will be nice to be catered to...at least for alittle while :)

November 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home