Sunday, December 17, 2006

Has it really been so long.....

Since my last post? Apparently so, and now I remember why!!! My surgery has taken a large chunk of time away from me. Physically and emotionally. It has been a harder road to travel than I thought it might be. Well, originally the surgeon thought that he could do the hernia repair with only 4-5 laprascopic holes. Turns out that he actually needed 11. There hernia was so large that it required a large piece of mesh to repair it. So the holes are all around my abdomen and the mesh is attached around them. The surgery was delayed almost 4 hours, which was difficult, sitting and waiting for the time to come. Not to mention the fact that I was starving and dying of thirst!!! I wasn't wheeled into the OR until almost 4 p.m. I spent the night in the hospital, mainly sleeping, with the combined effects of the morphine and the anesthesia wearing off. On Friday the surgeon asked if I was ready to go home, and I explained that I wasn't, so I stayed an additional day in the hospital. I came home on Saturday and sleep most of the time for the next 4 days. Don't think I have ever spent so much time in bed as I have during this ordeal......even with the birth of my four kids!!! Now it has been 18 days since surgery and I am feeling much better. Still am not able to wear anything too binding around my belly. Mainly I am wearing my nightgown and robe. I do have a pair of really large, black, elastic waisted pants for when I need to go out in public!!

I do feel that "something" just isn't right in there. I am feeling a small bulge, have been running low-grade fevers, had the chills, have been sick and the loose bowels for the past week. I do have a follow-up appointment tomorrow, so I hope that all is okay, and that I don't have any sort of complication. Will post more when I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home