Sunday, May 28, 2006

Well, I did manage to finish my sock yesterday at my class. I read the directions wrong somewhere...I was to rearrange the stitches on the needles after doing the gusset. So, my decreases for the toe, are on the top and bottom of the sock instead of on the sides of the sock. Something also happened when I did the grafting of the toe, and instead of the toe going around the toes, it went up....so if someone had their baby toe as long as their big toe, the sock would be perfect!!! I proudly displayed my sock on my foot when I got home yesterday....but alas....I forgot to take a picture of the completed sock. Remember in my last post about the drama with my dog Buddy? That's right....the completed sock was also in that basket. Now, all I have left is a mangled sock. I'll be back later.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Bianca said...

Poor sock! I bet Buddy had a great time. Oh... the fortune cookie had two words for me. :-S Nose job!

May 30, 2006  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh, Janet! That is so tragic!! Your feet look like they've been attacked by a bear!

May 31, 2006  
Blogger Jeanette said...

I feel your pain, Janet, I have a Mona, a too-friendly cocker spaniel who likes my yarn and needles. As she's gotton older, she doesn't get into it so much, but I've also gotten a lot better at putting it up. I feel so bad for you losing that many needles.

btw: I've never knit a sock, and when I saw yours, I thought, "That's probably what my first sock would look like!"

June 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I found a sock just like that in my laundry...and have no dog! The sock owner told me he doesn't have a clue about what happened...we might have a ghost dog I don't know about!!

September 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home