Sunday, December 17, 2006

Horrible Wind Storm

Thursday evening, the northern part of Washington was hit with severe wind warnings. The area that we live, close to the Straits of Juan de Fuca, was to get gusts of wind 70-90 mph. That is strong. The warnings were true. We have trees down all over town. We ourselves, had 8 more trees downed along our drive. Remember, just 3 weeks before, we had the rain and snow storms, that downed 6 or so trees, just along our drive.

Power outages were felt around our small town. Mostly on the west end, where we live. Our power went out at 12:45 a.m. Friday morning. We kept the house warm by keeping a fire in the fireplace all day. We were told late in the afternoon, Friday, that we would have power again by 5:30 or so. Well, that turned into another 8 hours or so. It was cold. It is amazing how dependent we are on electricity and all the "modern" comforts we have!! Phones, computers, TV, hot coffee and warm food. My husband David asked if this was about as close to camping as I would go........you got that right!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any news on your surgery, the bulge and how you've been feeling lately?

It wasn't a real pretty site around here either. Our winds got up to 95 miles an hour.. I would assume yours was that high as well.

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

December 17, 2006  
Blogger Janet said...

I have a followup tomorrow. I do feel though that something just isn't right. I have a different type of pain than after the surgery. It is extemely sensitive. I have been running low grade fevers and have had nasty runs now for 1 week. I am worried that he will put me back in hospital tomorrow. Will let you know more.

December 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home