Saturday, January 20, 2007

Long Overdue Post

Seems once again I have neglected my blog. Seems there has been so much going on the past couple months.....Never seem to get it all together at the same time.

My Mom fell on the 3rd while we were looking at some property with Pam, my step-dad's daughter, down the street. Pam is looking to move up here to be near her father, so they had spent a couple days looking at properties.

While Pam and Mom continued to talk to the agent, I had gone for a small walk and had a smoke. I turned and at first I saw my mom, then I didn't. She had slipped down a small grassy area, landed in water and couldn't move. I gave Pam my jacket which is waterproof to try and get under my mom, while I got a ride from the agent back to mom's house. Ran in yelling for Bob and Robert (Pam's son) that mom needed help. We could take my van down to give her a ride home. Went to reach in my pocket and realized that the keys were in my jacket, down the hill. We decided to take Bob's car. Bob got in, Robert and I went around to get in.....How do we get out? My van is parked behind them. Off runs Bob down the hill. Robert, a runner himself, ran back down the hill to retrieve the keys. When he got back, he said we were going to take mom to the hospital. I ran in to get my purse, slipped on the rug, and almost face-planted on the tile floor or into the brick wall. Wrenched my back. Finally we get mom in the car. After a couple hours, x-rays, ice packs and time, we were told she broke her ankle on both sides. Orthopedic surgeon had just taken someone else into surgery, so we were told to call and get an appointment for Friday. They put a splint on and sent her with ice packs to go rest and keep the leg up. Dr. Ended up not wanting to see her until Monday. When we went in they told her she needed surgery and that they would put a plate and screws in. Tuesday morning she had the surgery. One plate and 11 screws.

Snowed Wednesday. Got home from taking Kyle to late start at school and was beginning the day's chores. I then get a call from Corey.....he had been in an accident on his way home from school. Drove to be with him. A tow truck was called by the police officer. When the driver came to pick up the car he asked Corey how he was going to pay. Told him we have AAA. Was it called in as AAA the driver sneered? Not sure as the policeman called it in. Sorry, I can't take it then. Get to the house, man barked at me how are you paying for this? Cash? How much I inquired? Grumpily he told me $255 + tax. How much is it then I asked again. Once again he sneered, reached for his cell and made the call. Oh, it appears that it is really $265 + tax. $288........Shit, I muttered to myself....there goes all our money and payday isn't till the 16th. Asked again about AAA.....no I can't take it now.

Now I am waiting for a form to fill out for reimbursement from AAA for the charges. Wonder how long all this will take???

Now, I am stuck at home, without a car, while Corey goes to school and work. Something unfair about all this. Corey got the fender off last week and David and Corey straighten it out this past weekend. This weekend they plan to straighten out the bumper so that there is room for the fender to be put back on. They still need to figure out what to do about the lighting, as it was also destroyed. But at least he can drive it during the day, to school and then he can have my car for going to work since he works nights. At least I would have the car during the day. Interesting how when you don't have transportation, it seems like you always want to get out. I never went out much anyway, but now it seems that I always have something I want to do.


Another obstacle thrown in my path of life!

Update as of today (although this was written today) the tow company still has not put through the charge for the towing. That was 10 days ago. Wonder what is up with that????

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHEESH!

Poor Everyone in this post!

I'd call the tow company and complain big time, it might help kick them in gear about the charge going through.

End of paydays suck... too much month at the end of the pay! That's what I always say!!

;o)

January 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home