Thursday, June 22, 2006

Down the road again....

.....of cancer treatments. Kristen, my oldest daughter, is facing a recurrence of her cancer. She was originally diagnosed with Hodgkins on March 11, 2003. After several chemo treatments, loss of her spleen, several hospital stays, two bone marrow transplants, a seizure and coma, she was deemed clear of cancer. A mere 3 months ago, March 11, 2006, we celebrated her one year anniversary being cancer-free. A phone call to her oncologist resulted in being told to bring in the family for her appointment on the 30th. Plane reservations have been made to be with her during this declaration. What a shock. This is the third time that the cancer has reappeared, with this last year being the longest time between treatments. How I hate that Kristen has to go through this once again. Kristen was enjoying being a single mom, going to college and reclaiming her life. Now, I live 1200 miles away and am not there for my daughter during this time. Although I will see her in a week, I need to be there, for her and myself, now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Janet,

I am so terribly sorry that she is going through this once more. I know the feeling of frustration, sadness, guilt, and worry. If you ever need a friendly listening ear, you just let me know.. either I can call you, or you can call me.

You and your entire family will most definetly be in my tohughts and prayers! Hugs from Vancouver, WA!

June 23, 2006  
Blogger Bianca said...

Strength to you and your daughter Janet. I'll be praying for you both.

June 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home