Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mom's Sock



Well, I actually finished this last year, right after Christmas :) I just now finally got around to taking a picture. Now that Mom has broken her ankle, it will be at least another 5 weeks till she will need a pair. They are certainly warm socks. I knitted it with Socks That Rock yarn. Sure will keep her feet warm. Too bad it isn't wide enough to fit around the cast. Been thinking about making her a "toe cozy", but the first time I tried, it wasn't big enough around. Should try that again :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know if this will help but when i broke my ankle and was in a cast i used a stocking cap over my open toes when i went out. it's not very glamorous but i have to say, it kept my toes from being frost bitten since it was winter when i had a cast on. i hope your mom's ankle heals quickly

January 20, 2007  
Blogger Janet said...

Thanks for the suggestion Ella. I will pass it on. Right now she hasn't even left her house. She has a soft cast right now, and being 70, it is very difficult for her to get around on crutches. If you tell her that I said that I will deny it to the end!!!!

But she always seems to have cold feet. Right now she has been wearing one of her husband's wool sock.


BTW, if you see this....thanks for the Christmas card. I did receive it :) Very nice. Loved all the glitter!

January 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute sock! I need to find that sock yarn around here!!

January 21, 2007  
Blogger Janet said...

It is a neat yarn, although I think it is so heavy that it may be hard to wear with a pair of tennis shoes! Mom and I decided they would be perfect to wear with her clogs or my bircenstock (?) type sandals :)

January 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home