Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fair Isle Hat


I took a Fair Isle class last week to learn how to make this hat, at my new LYS. Even though I didn't understand the direction from the teacher, as she knits a different way. She said she learned from a Bolivian lady. Anyway, I had purchased some inexpensive yarn at WalMart and wasn't happy with the way it split. So I got some better yarn at the LYS and a contrasting yarn. I wasn't happy with that color as it got lost in the lighter part of the main yarn. One design the teacher provided didn't work out evenly for the amount of stitches that we cast on, so I found a couple patterns that I liked in a Fair Isle book. So after I ripped out for the 3rd time, I finally got to where I am now :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool!!!

I cant wait for a fair isle class to be taught near me.... send your teacher down here??

February 08, 2007  
Blogger Janet said...

Hey Christine, I could try and be your teacher!!!

Janet

February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home