Monday, January 22, 2007

Felting Disaster

My first disaster in felting. Well, actually it wasn't the felting that was the problem...it was the yarn. The pattern is called Original Mags Bag, by Bags by Mags and called for 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon and 150 yds. of contrasting wool yarn. Well, here is where I messed up. When ordering the yarn online, for the CC, I picked Falk Dalegarn. I only read that it was 100% wool. Either the website didn't mention it or I didn't notice, but the yarn is 100% machine washable. So, of course the Noro yarn did great on the top of the bag, but the straps and the bottom of the bag look like fish net. I am so bummed because $25 of yarn is wasted, basically. I could probable still use it, but it is an awkward size now. Very disappointing. One thing though ..... I will never make that mistake again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted. But we live and learn. It is still a pretty bag. :)

Ruinwen
:)

January 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer!

Im sorry it didn't work out. Next time... it will though. We live and learn ...and knit and learn, right?

January 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home