Thursday, July 05, 2007

I got lost in my life........

It seems once again, that life has gotten the better of me. For the last 4 months, since I went back to work, time has just flown by. Adjusting to working outside the home, strange schedules, being on my feet all day and being gone from the house and family so much, has taken its toll. I have been exhausted, chores have gone undone and I haven't been around for the family. So after 3 months of working at WalMart, I quit. I am now working in the kitchen of Park View Villas, which is a retirement community, where some of the residents are on assisted living. I took the job because I was promised full-time hours, working a shift that would allow me to be home for family dinners and weekends. Unfortunately, so far, that is not what has happened. The company is in a small turmoil right now, and I have been promised that a "shake up" is coming next week. They are impressed with my work, and promise me that I am one of the ones they want to make happy. I will get the hours I want. I also have hopes of taking the Activities Director job when it becomes available in a couple months. I do enjoy being around the elderly.....listening to their stories.....giving them some personal time. Yes, the work is hard, but very rewarding :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home