Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2nd....Stepdad Rushed to the Hospital


Not 12 hours later, I was getting a call from my mom telling me that Bob had had a stroke. I rushed to the hospital, and by the time I had gotten there, Bob was doing 1000 times better than when he arrived. Thank God. They said he actually had a TIA, apparently a pre-cursor to a stroke. He didn't permanently loose any functions. They did keep him overnight, and possibly for a couple days, to run some other tests. A blood test at the hospital indicated that there is something wrong with his kidney. I wasn't allowed to see him and later they told my mom to go ahead and go home, as they had to find a room for him. I took mom home, and went to my interview. Went back late afternoon to make sure mom was taking care of herself. So had dinner with the two of them. Am on my way back to the hospital. Updates to follow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Keeping you and your entire family from the job front, to the scare from the fire to Bob's TIA in my prayers and good thoughts. You've got so much going on...sending you a *hug*

July 18, 2007  
Blogger Beth said...

How is your stepdad doing? I just read the post you left on my blog regarding my dad and how your step dad has Alzheimer's. My dad just passed away last Saturday. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

July 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home